This morning I woke up to find out that I have been awarded the vExpert Status for 2015. I did come across this information at 6 am and had to double check to make sure.
For me its a really great honour and something I’ve wanted for a while.
Before i sign off I want to say thank you to the vExpert team for assigning this award to me and congratulations to all the new vExperts out there.
I guess the next thing is to make sure I keep it in the 2016 nominations.
Resources I used:
- VCAP-DCD Study Group
- The VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide
- The exam simulator at http://www.virtualtiers.net/ created by Jason Grierson
- Also the Study pack that Jason Grierson created, with contributions from Chris Williams and Shahed Hasib.
- Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 book
- The VMware Cloud Infrastructure Architecture Case Study buy Duncan Epping. This was actually very useful as I had a design from another person to look at and work with.
- VCAP5-DCD bluerpint
Tips for the Exam:
- Read the questions twice. Everything you need to complete the required task will be in the question.
- Eat and drink before the exam. I get cranky when I’m hungry. Be aware that if you need to go to the toilet the exam timer doesn’t stop.
- If something is taking a long time, flag it for review and move on.
- Make sure you understand the below (it is a design exam after all).
- Requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Make sure you know the differences between conceptual, logical, and physical designs.
- Get to the test centre a few minutes early and try to relax, difficult I know but try.